07 December 2007

short, sweet, distinct

Today is my sixteenth afternoon in Xela and the final day of my second week of language school. I've fallen back into the very familiar habit of spending a lot of time studying in a single coffee shop, but it's different here. I'm using more notecards now than I ever did in Anchorage.


In the bathroom of the aforementioned Xela coffe shop is a sign that reads as follows:

Please when it
uses the
sanatarium it
to tosses water.

This is a nice looking sign that somebody took time to create, laminate, and hang over the urinal.


I'm not sure if building codes exist in Guatemala, but if they do they say nothing about standardized lightswitch placement. Every room is different. I have used bathrooms with light fixtures but no switch that I could find and have had to feel my way about. That's no fun in any bathroom.

No comments: