23 August 2007

up-to-dating

I'll begin with some good news: last night I went for my first somewhat long bike ride, around 15 miles, and not only did it not bother my tendons one bit, but I was, despite almost four weeks of not riding, still damn fast. I don't want to make too much of this, and I know that it was a relatively short ride, but I think this means that this time of rest and mending has been somewhat successful. I'm going to ride more today and see how I feel. Also, I'm riding my old fixed gear bike now, which is wonderful and more physically demanding on my tendons. I have an - if I can make it here, where "here" should be read as "on my fixie", then I can make it anywhere - type of feeling. That is, as long as I properly stretch each day.

Oh yeah, Greyhound lost my bike. I'm looking around for something to ride but am not having much luck here in the CNY. If you've got any leads on a size and trip appropriate bike send them my way. Next week I'll be visiting Spencer in Boston where, I hope, he'll be able to share his secret, Boston specific, used-bike knowledge with me.

I miss you guys, all of you. Even you.

No comments: